Friday, June 11, 2010

Hot, Hot, Hot!

It has been roasting here in Florida!
The humidity must be near a 100% every day : (
We only run a small window airconditioner in the livingroom, the other rooms in the house roast. Kelly's room gets so hot I don't know how she stands it in there.
I had thought since it so hot school work would be a welcome change to the day - Boy was I wrong! Kelly can't sleep much with it being so hot so she is very cranky most days so trying to get her to settle down and work has been an issue.
We are trying to finish up A History of Us book #10 (1945-2001), I love that series of books! We read about integration, Kelly can't understand how people could have been so mean to those first african-american children going to that white school in Arkansas. It is amazing how adults could be so mean and nasty to those children! We are flying through the years, only 4 pages with pictures for the assasination of President Kennedy. I wish it would just cool down a bit so we could get more done though!

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

We are getting some higher temps here too. Whew, it is going to be one heck of a summer! The girls have finished up their schooling for this year and we are doing some light lessons for the summer. Mostly just a lot of activities. Try and stay cool and I hope that Kelly can get her lessons done in all of this heat. I can only imagine how they used to have school way back when in those one room school houses during those hot months. Every day I thank God that we have air conditioning in our home.