Monday, August 20, 2007

Back To School Day!

Today we start back to school!
My son starts his senior year in Flagler/Palm Coast High School & my daughter is home here with me - Homeschooling.
I thought I was ready, Have all the books I need ect. but I have this nagging feeling already that I missed something..... I think alot has to do with my son's girlfriend. He mom homeschooled her for a few years then she entered the public highschool system. This poor girl is so far behind for her senior year - I so feel for her. She has to take a ton of hard classes because when she entered the high school they gave her a number of remedial classes to catch up to what she needed to know for the high school requirements. Now she is loaded down with a lot of the harder classes that they expect her to complete this year and pass her FCAT too...... It makes me dwell on if the path we are taking will really prepair Kelly for if and when she goes back to public school. It really rattles my bones to think about that : (
Oh well time will tell about that and all we can do for now is enjoy what we are learning....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Donna,
You are not the only person who worries about that. I am homeschooling my ds who is 9 and dd who is 14. I feel they are behind everyone else at times, and other times I feel they are way above!!
We can only do our best, have them tested or evaulated every year and pray!!!
I found you by your comments on FatCatPauline's blog. Isn't she wonderful??
I live in Orlando and enjoy reading your lovely blog!!
Bunny