Sunday, August 5, 2007

Just when you think you got things rolling....

I have been feeling pretty confident lately about this up coming school year, We are going the Charlotte Mason route. I really feel this will work so much better for Kelly. We are going to mainly follow the Ambleside year three schedule (they aren't scheduled by acutal year, more by the student's reading ability). I am throwing in Vol. 1 of the Story of the World series for history. I had bought Children's History by VM Hilyer but I felt Kelly really seems to flow along when you have either experiments or projects for her to do. I am also throwing in Spelling Power - Kelly (and I) are very poor spellers I would like to get her better rolling with that because alot of understanding what you are reading is the ability to spot & understand the words. Apologia series is what I have planned for Science - We are starting off with Zoology 2. So you can see I am not using Ambleside to the tee but varing it a bit to suit us.
WELL, I have planned to start school this year on August 20th. - That is the date my son stats his senior year of high school at the public scool. I am going to use their schedule as it seems we get nothing done if he is home.... that gives me only about 15 more days till school!!!!!!
I kinda am a worry wort but I really want to be ready for school this year (This will be our first full year homeschooling and I want it to get going from the start).
I am running around trying to get everything lined up so we can just roll along.
I'll keep you posted on how things come together : )

No comments: