Saturday, May 11, 2013

Where To Start.....

Where to start......
Schooling: Belive it or not I think I have a good handle on the direction we are going to take for Kelly's senior year of schooling : ) We are going to finish up a few odds and ends from this year and head right into it after a short break. I signed up for edHelper, it has a wealth of info. to use : )
On my weight loss: Haven't lost anything further : ( But I haven't gained anything either. I guess the weight is shifting a bit because I am able to get on size 11/12 pants - granted they are tight, but I can button them : )
We had a stretch of rain last weekend and again our horse pen flooded out, the poor horses where standing in water which is never a good thing sooooooo we have decided to bulldoze our other acre of property and put up a fence for them to roam around over there. It's turning out to be alot more money than I had hoped - $600.00 just for the guy to bulldoze path ways to put up the fence and another $400.00 for barbwire & poles (Yikes).
Which brings me to the sad news - My daughter-in-laws sister who is just 52 years old is losing her battle against  her cancer. The poor gal has under gone chemo with her head held high and still they have found more cancer. She came over to me at one of the horse shows we were at and started crying telling me that she wants to give her horse Tango to my daughter-in-law if we would have room for him at our place, that she needed to know he had a good home..... I almost cried myself! She has been a police sheriff for many years hee in Flagler County and was two years away from her planned retirement. You wouldn't know looking at her she is dealing with an illness, she never sits down and is the first one out there helping the small kids with their horse runs during the Rough Riders shows. Not sure of what her plans are, but I hope she retires from the police force now while she can still do some of those things she wants to do that you always put off until next time - like taking her three year old grandson camping...... She is a tough cookie of a women and one of the good ones in this world, If you could include Cathy in your prayers I would appreciate it!
Until Next Time - God Bless!!

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

Will pray for your friend.

So glad you've got next year worked out. i wish I could say that. ;-)

Congratulations on the weight loss!