Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What day is it??????


I am in a blur this week already!Monday morning Kelly woke up at 6am. - I was like "yahoo" we are going to get a good start on the week..... I took my shower at 9am. while in there she is calling me telling me that Chance the horse is loose. We do not have a car during the day (That is one of the reasons we don't get to go on any of the trips or gatherings offerend by our homeschool groups) so we are walking up and down the roads calling for this horse. We were out there from 9:15am till about 12:15pm coming in from time to time to check to see if anyone called us about him (I had called the non-emergency police line and left our phone number). I then decided to call the country store and ask there - sure enough someone saw him, by now I couldn't walk another step. I called my son at his school to ask him to come home early (One good thing about having a senior in high school who is already 18 years old - he can sign himself out). My son got home and the minute we went up to the main road there was Chance - A man was following him. Kelly & I got out of the car and the fellow said "Does this handsome looking horse belong to you ladies", this kind man was following Chance to make sure he made it across the main road. He said Chance had been at his house for hours playing with his horses. In our area where we live we have so many nasty & mean people we are just blessed that Chance found this nice man. The kicker is Chance didn't want to come home with us! That beast wanted to continue to run around and be a free man, so it was a bit of a struggle for Kelly to keep him moving towards home (His horse friend kept neighing, calling him back and he kept neighing back at them). We walked all the way home.
So needless to say we did not do any schooling on Monday!!!!
What a way to start the school week already : (

1 comment:

Freakmom said...

Chance needs to tell you when he has a playdate with his horse friends! LOL

So glad he had a guardian angel watching out for him!