Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Quick Feb. Wrap Up

Feb. days are just flying by... Kelly turned 16 on the 19th. I had made her a cake and my son came over. She got a parakeet... like we need another animal but that is what she wanted (we had a cage from freescycle). Her brother gave her his x-box 360 & some games which she loved. My daughter-in-law (who had to work and missed the get together) gave her a scull bracelet that Kelly had mentioned that she loved at the mall. My in-laws gave her money & so did my cousin so she used that money to buy Sims 3 for the x-box - She LOVES that game! I took a couple of pictures but Kelly said they came out bad and won't up-load them for me : (

Today is my anniversary, We have been married 26 years!!! Oh My Gosh!!! I can't belive it has been that long. There has been alot more rocky then good days but it is what it is....

Our prayers were answered today!!!! One of my husbands old bosses called him to come back to work to paint 9 houses. It might not be permanent but at least it is something, Who knows they might keep him on. I can not tell you what a load off of my shoulders this is... I was able to breath today for the first time in a long time : )

My in-laws stopped over yesterday and told us that my husbands father has been diagnosed with the start of alzhemer's. The man is like 80 years old, I would think most people of that age bracket start to show signs of alzhemer's... he now has to take medicine that costs $400 a month (not covered by his insurance). Some times I think doctors just tell these older patients things to keep them coming back.....

Now that my husband is out of the house we can finally get back to school work!!!! It has been so hard & distracting with him home, it just threw a monkey wrench in our school day.

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

I am glad things are looking up for you.

Rhonda said...

Glad to hear that Kelly had such a nice birthday. I would have loved to have seen the pics.

Happy Anniversary to you and your husband. Marriage can be a lot of work and when one is out of work for so long it can put toll on ones marriage.

I'm so happy to hear that your husband has finally found some work. I am sure that it puts your mind at ease. Thank goodness.

Sorry to hear about your FIL. I will agree with you on the matter of the doctors have to find something wrong with a patient or else how would they make their money. I am beginning to think that the doctors and pharmacies are in this together.

Have fun with your homeschooling days.

Anonymous said...

I agree that when the hubby(dad) is home no schooling seems to get done.
It was hard when Dave was off work on disability, we didn't get much done at all!!!
Glad he found some work.
Our health care sucks so bad, hopefully some positive changes will occur quickly!!!

Freakmom said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Kelly!