Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Homeschooling During the Summer.....

I had high hopes since out first 6 months of Homeschooling did not go very well that we would just keep plugging along for the summer months and start our 6th grade curriculum..... Well it hasn't turned out that way at all!
With my son home from public school my daughter feels very slighted that she has to do school work and has balked at the idea oa doing any work. I really can't blame her, I soooo remember those last days of school for the summer months something inside you just bursts with excitment - By telling her we were going to work through the summer I have taken that excitment away..... I should have just told her we would take the month of June off and that way she could have anticipated the school brake.
To be truthful, Right now I am sooo busy with my work that I can't even begin to think of school work on top of it. The majority of the puppies go home on June 24th. so just possibly I may be able to take a deep breath and regroup. I for sure want to add in some fun things this summer! Buying a swimming pool is still very high on my list, I had to spend $244.00 on an airconditioner - Our centeral just isn't working right and my husband thinks it would be too high to get it fixed so he suggested getting a large window unit. We will see how high the electric bill goes now with this & the central air both running - Yikes!

No comments: