Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Hate Complaining But.......

It seems as though more posts then not I am complaining about one thing or another but sometimes I just don't understand why so many bad things are happining at once!
Here is the latest saga that occured yesterday.... My husband & son left to take two puppies to their forever homes, Kelly and I had the whole day planned out on what we were going to do (As in past posts you know how stressful things are here lately so when two of the stress factors leave it really lightens up things). We were just getting read to go to Walmart when the phone rang our van was acting up they were going to come home..... We then all went down to Daytona and rented a car for them to complete the puppy drop-off's. It was terribly hot here yesterday, I mean really terrible so it was a struggle to get things done. When it got a little cooler Kelly & I headed out to Walmart and dinner both were nice. We got home and one of the puppies was really ill! She looked awful bad so I called the emergency vet and we set off for that journey. It is all the way up in St. Augustine which is over an hour for us, It was about 7:30pm. We got there and they said her temp was 105 and going up.... They had me sign a paper saying the cost could be between $500.00 - $700.00 to stablizer her. We sat and waited - I find these places like blood suckers and I mean it, They pray on your weaknesses and they know they got you. They have Kelly & I go in a talk with the doctor - The doctor says they can not pin point the problem but they think either she choked her self and swollowed her vomit which is n0w in her lungs or she bit into a cord.... they want to keep her on oxygen and keep her over night. They bring out the bill, It could cost between $1,200.00 to $1,600.00 and she could still die! I tried calling my husband to see what he thought but he didn't have his cell phone on. I kept rolling it through my head and I just kept going both ways back & forth - I finally said I guess we will try and see if the medical treatments will work. they took me to the office and the doctor said that they needed the deposit of the higher amount..... I was like all right now? $1,600.00? They said yes, I looked through my pocket book and had $1,000.00, I said I guess that anwers my problem for me. They come back out and from an estimate of keeping her over night which would run $1,200.00 - the bill I owed was $950.00!!!!! I think they saw I had $1,000.00 on me and they paded the bill to get it up to that point. What can you do though? I paid it, took my sick little pup home : ( She is still hanging on but having a terrible time breathing.... I just hate that I spent almost a thousand dollars and they don't know what is a mtter with her - If she hangs on till Monday I will have to spend more money and see my vet. Next time, I wonder if I will be so quick to go to the emergency vet hospital???? I got home without crying, but I sure am on the brink of it. Here I finally thought I was going to have maybe just alittle money to pay bills get caught up and buy the kids a small pool to enjoy... at the rate I am going renting cars, vet bills ect. there isn;t going to be anything left. The real topper though is if the pup doesn't start responding, I will need to contact the women who bought her and tell her the bad news! It will brake her heart : ( Life sure is never easy.....

No comments: