Monday, June 18, 2007

Horses & Girls....

We had a nice weekend, Friday night we went to watch my son's girlfriend ride her horse in a horse show - she did barrel races & polls. She did very well, She sure is a great rider. We meet her parents there - I pride myself as being able to mingle with just about anyone, these folks were much older then us but I found them to be very nice.
The kids and I went back on Sat. to watch the competition again, Kelly & I just love seeing so many horses in one place : )
Now I have to say Kelly is going through the grundge stage, she looks dirty most of the time & her hair - Well that is straight and just not pretty. I have let her go on like this because I kinda remember when I used to wear yuky sweat-shirts and ripped pants too.... She usually wears a basball cap that hides alot but at the horse show she didn't. My son came home and said that his girlfriend said "Kelly better wash her face & brush her hair or the next time she see's her she will brush it herself". I thought that odd.... But what ever. I think it really hurt Kelly's feelings - It's not that it isn't true, the girl looks a mess (dirty hair, neck, hands ect..) but I really think it's that fase just before they care about their appearence where they want to hide that they are developing into a women (I remember it). Oh well.....
I have one more week with the puppies and then they go to their forever homes. We still have a few that don't have homes, but at least the bulk of them will go. I need a brake, and I need it soon!

No comments: