Tuesday, October 16, 2007

It's that time of year again...


Each year we usually try and decorate the house for Halloween - This was the only decoration I could find in our closets, Where do they all go : (

As for homeschooling - We are at week 7 of our studies and when my son brought home progress reports from his high school, I thought it would be a good time to look over how we are doing too. I see we have to do some tweeking, When I asked Kelly what the name of the huge human/animal shaped statue in front of the pyramid was called she couldn't tell me.... We are using Story of the World vol. 1, Which I thought was working well for us since she LOVES to do projects & experiments but I guess I need to do more. I am going to try and add some of these books to our curriculum and mix up our schedule a bit to match this one: http://higherupandfurtherin.blogspot.com/2006/12/year-6-program-and-booklist.html
http://higherupandfurtherin.blogspot.com/2006/12/year-6-schedule.html
I also am going to look into using unit studies more for each topic to go a little bit deeper on a few of the topics covered, I am hoping this will help her retain a bit more information we are learning. Most times Kelly looks at me like I am making history up - She has asked me "How do they know all this REALLY happened?". Maybe I should have worked my way back from the present to the past instead of the other way around....

No comments: