Thursday, March 15, 2007

Getting a bit worried....

We are using Oak Meadow http://www.oakmeadow.com/ the 5th grade online curriculum. Since we started homeschooling so late (Nov. 2006) we are just now at the mid-term test. I printed it out and just for the sake of it asked Kelly some of the history questions, YIKES! She couldn't really answer hardly any of them!!!! I asked her why she thought the info. didn't stick in her head she said that all this stuff just isn't interesting to her... I kinda looked the questions over myself and even though I have a good idea some of the questions I think I would get wrong too. It makes me think we are either moving along too fast because we really aren't taking the info in or I should use other methods to get the ideas across to her. I do have to say that the part she remembered very well was about Lewis & Clark, I think what aided in that was I had gotten a moview from NetFlix to watch about them. My husband has flipped out about how much I was spending on homeschooling so I had to cancel the NetFlix membership but I really think when I get a few extra dollars I am going touse it again, I think it really helps her.
Anyway, I have been feeling very down about it - I have been trying sooo hard to get this homeschooling running smoothly......

No comments: