Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday - Yea!

This sure has been a very long week! Glad to see it over with....

My library did get back to me about the $2.00 a book request charge for inter-library loan books and they said no excetions can be made for either homeschoolers or teachers. I contacted my local homeschool group and posted about it but not one person commented on it so I guess they either don't use the inter-library loan option or they don't think $2.00 is too much to pay for a book.... Anyway, I went through the rest of our "Reconstruction Period" for history and they do have a few of the books so I won't be missing too much but the titles listed below that they don't have if anyone has read them and felt they are not worth missing if you could let me know:
If you lived 100 years ago by Ann McGovern
If you lived at the times of the Great San Francisco Earthquake by Ellen Levine
If you lived in the Alaska Territory by Nancy Smiler
Bully for you, Teddy Roosevelt by Jean Fritz
There may be a few other titles I will check with you all - I would HATE to miss a goody : )

Kelly and I have started taking down the back deck. We wanted to get it down to allow the horses to get closer to the house for warmth & to get out of the wind. It is taking alot longer then I thought, I am really out of shape and pulling up those boards just does me in. We have it about half way so if I do a bit each day we should get it done "maybe before summer' heheheh....

Every year we go to watch the sports cars race at the 24 hour race down at daytona race track but this year we aren't going : ( Oh well, Maybe next year.

I hope everyone has a great Friday!

2 comments:

Freakmom said...

What about on the paperback book exchange websites? I wonder if you can find any there. I've never used one, but it sounds more appealing than $2 per book! That is outrageous.

Rhonda said...

Sorry to hear about the "no exceptions rule" With so much on the internet today, maybe you could just find some online sites with informational reading. We do have a few of the "If You Lived....." books in our homeschool, but I am sure that there is something on the internet that you could use in the place of those books. Good luck.