Thursday, September 17, 2009

Homeschool Share : )

I just have to mention again about "Homeschool Share"
It really has been such a help this year already for us!
We have added "Special Interest" to our school day - That is where Kelly & I pick things we are interested in to learn about.
So far we are working on the Amish (in one of my all time favorite places Lancaster PA.) - If I could redo our move to Florida I think we should have moved there....
Anyway, I just typed in Amish and got a number of possible books to use (We went with "Just Plain Fancy") we are using the suggested topics and I have found more books at our library to add to it.
I really hate to breath a word of it because it may change but our school year this year is going along beautifully : )

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

So glad to hear that you are having so much fun with the website. Everyone loves to learn when it is fun! Happy to hear that you library has the books that you need too. Here's hoping that your homeschool year continues to be lots of fun!

Fatcat said...

Donna, your post was featured in Google Alerts email for people who want to hear about homeschooling! I was excited to see someone I know on there!!

You're a celebrity.

Dan said...

I was happy to discover your blog today. I was unable to find a contact link. I hope it's OK that I'm contacting you through a public comment. I've developed an educational program for Windows called SpellQuizzer that helps children learn their spelling and vocabulary words without the battle that parents often have getting them to sit down and write them out while the parents dictate to them. The parent enters the child's spelling words into the software making a sound recording of each word. Then the software helps the child practice his or her words. It really helped my children with their weekly spelling lists.

I would appreciate your reviewing SpellQuizzer in Homeschooling and Life in Sunny Florida. If you are interested in hosting a giveaway of a SpellQuizzer license I'd be happy to supply a free license to the winner. You can learn more about the program at http://www.SpellQuizzer.com. There's a video demo you can watch at http://www.spellquizzer.com/SpellQuizzer-Demo.htm and a community site where SpellQuizzer users can share their spelling lists with one another (http://www.SpellQuizzer.com/Community). Finally, there's a page targeted to homeschooling families at http://www.spellquizzer.com/spelling-software-for-homeschoolers.htm. I'd be happy to send you a complimentary license for the software. Please let me know if you are interested.

Thank you very much!

Dan Hite
TedCo Software
Dan@SpellQuizzer.com