Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Weird Day In The Kitchen

I had a doozy of a day yesterday.... First I was using my oven to cook up some lunch for Kelly & I. A short time later I smelled something burning, I checked in the oven nothing. Then the smell got worse and sure enough our food was all burnt! It had only been in less then 16 minutes at 375 degrees. I pulled out the burnt up smelly stuff and toss it out and turned the oven off and it won't go off! Now I'm starting to panic a bit, I played around with the dial and it still didn't go off. In my head I am thinking how am I going to pull out the oven and get behind it to pull the plug... not thinking the logical thing would be to just go to the electic box in the house and slap the braker off. It did eventually go off - Thank God!
THEN I'm cooking dinner - broccoli, fried rice & baked beans on the stove. I get everything done and I look at the broccoli and it had white thin things on it... right away I'm thinking the broccoli must have gone bad and some worms were on it - Yuck! So I toss out the entire huge amount of broccoli that I cooked. Then I look at the beans and there the white things are again, I'll pulling them out to see if I can figure out what they are before tossing out the beans too. Kelly comes over and looks at it and says "Mom, that's just some of the noodles from the fried rice" - DUH!!!!!! I used the same spoon to mix the broccoli, fried rice & beans!! How stupid am I!!  Hey, I'm going to blame this one on the pre-menopause brain. : ( 
Until Next Time - God Bless!!

No comments: