Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Where have all the good neighbors gone??????

I am amazed at how little respect some people have for one another....
When we moved down to Florida from PA., Our hopes were to find a place where the kids could run around, have lots of animals, a stress free area ect..
Where we ended up could not be further from the truth! We have lived here for about 3 1/2 years, the first 2 years were wonderful - The last 1 & 1/2 years have been horrible! So far we have had cars racing in fourth gear past our house, ATV's riding & racing past, a monster truck which was inches away from running me over, people throwing firecrackers when my daughter and the horse trainer were out with our horse, monster truck roaring past when we were out with the horse, they go into our mailbox, I could go on and on but I think you have the point. My husband & I have been married for 22 years, We have had a few different neighbors in our time but we have NEVER had neighbors like this before! As I said I am amazed at the complete disrespect these people have for other people. Yes, all these things and more were done by just one family.... We have tried to talk to them, yell at them, I called the police when they almost ran me over (even though the man was visable drunk or drugged out the police only gave him a warning!). The horse trainer called the police over the firecracker episode - again another warning was given (The day after this episode took place the teenager kid was back out on his fourwheeler riding like a maniac, Even though the police were there the night before they still let the kid do what he wants). We have come to relize we are on our own with these people that the police out here just aren't going to do anything : ( Now isn't that a scarry thought when you have children to think of! Then to top it off since we have called the police on them, they constantly call the police on us.... Our goats broke out of their pen one day and they called the police saying our goats were attacking their kid as he walked past from school (Our goats are from a petting zoo & our very friendly), they also called the animal control officer and they came to my house too. Then they called the police about our dropping horse poop on the road (The very next day when we went out in the morning to feed the horse, He was gone! Now we can't say for sure but we kinda think they scared him sometime in the night and be broke the fence and ran away). You can not imagine the stress this family is causing my family!!!! If we were able to move I would in a second, but it just isn't an option right now.
I find it so upsetting that I try and make a nice life for my kids by teaching them respect, to care about other peoples feelings, respect other peoples property ect and then you run up against people like this who are just so self centered it is disgusting! To tell you the truth this is just another one of the hundred reasons why I homeschool my daughter, to try and combat against these types of people she may run up against in the future.
Okay I'm done now ranting and raving - I'll sit down and have my diet pepsi now : )

No comments: