Thursday, May 24, 2007

Speeding Ticket!!!!!

Can you feel the steam rising from my post!
Yes, that's right my son has gotten his first speeding ticket!
I can not tell you how upset I am about this whole thing..... Not so much about the speeding ticket (I do have to say here in our area alot of the roads are not posted very well and you have no idea what the speed limit is) but that I told him to go to his friend's house and back home - No joy riding! Now that gas is $3.19 a gallon and he has no job, I'm not paying for him to waste gas...... Well, where did he get the ticket, You guessed it - down by the beach! The tickets is (brace yourself) $210.00 - He was driving 56 in a 45 speed zone. We had told him in the past if he were to get a speeding ticket we would take his license away... he handed me his wallet when he walked in so I knew he was in trouble. but what get's me, He said "I'm sorry I screwed up" but yet had the "Oh well attitude" and said "Haven't you ever gotten a speeding ticket - I don't know why you are getting so mad". This is what is burning me up - He has a nonchalant attitude about it, not thinking what this does to your insurance (which is already skyhigh from adding him on to the policy in the first palce) and the $210.00 has to come from some where!
Kids, They sure are challenging sometimes......

No comments: