Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Where did that month go?

Well a whole month has passed since I last posted! Yikes, Where does the time go...... It seems like the days just run into each other and it is the same day over and over.
It is crazy here, We had a few litters of pups which have been keeping me busy as a beaver. I am finding it harder and harder to balance work with homeschooling - It seems just to easy put off schooling when I am over loaded with the dogs : ( I am working on trying to do the schooling in the morning and then my dog work in the afternoon but when you have puppy families asking for up-dated pictures of their babies it's hard to not to get on it..... This morning I was up at 4:30am - Yikes! That is why I am dragging all day and need a nap or two to make it through the day.
My husband has been out of work pretty much all of April and nothing is in sight. That has me in knots, He always feels things will come through but here in the Flagler Beach area things have really slowed down in the building area. It never seems like we can have a good money year, Something always comes up......
After our episode with Oak Meadow and Kelly not really getting much out of it (Her recall of what we worked on was pretty bad), I cancelled that and we have started http://www.amblesideonline.org/index2.shtml
It is something I had looked at before and decided to give it a go. I am buying all the books necessary for the year because with gas prices going skyrocketing, I don't want to have to go to the library for the books.... (Have you noticed not many people complaining about how high the gas is? I find this so strange. Our gas here is almost at $3.00 a gallon, I can't belive it, I never thought I would see it that high. Here gas keeps going higher and higher but paychecks are going lower and lower). Back to the new program we are using, I am adding a bit here and there with things I think Kelly will get a bit more out of, for example one of the books is inventors - I know she would be bored to death with that. We will see how this works out, I have been spending a ton of time setting up a schedule - I really think that is alot of our problem, we just kinda wing it.....
Well till next time......

No comments: