Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Still Searching.....

Well we hit the books today again.
I have been wracking my brain on what I had been doing that kept Kelly interested in schooling and had been actually getting Kelly to the school table before me..... I have not found it yet : (
She has no interest at all in the Apologia Zoology 1 book, I was debating if I should just go through the bird stuff anyway but she just totally tunes out so I am think we will jump to the info about bats and see how that goes. I'm not sure if that is the correct thing to do or not - I know she is not always going to be interested in everything she needs to learn but when I see that she isn't paying any attention at all to the topic I can't see the point in proceding with it. It really caught me off guard since she usually loves anything to do about animals.... all of her picks for our "special interest" topics have been about different animals.
I was reading over at Home *School* Home how their homeschool group went on a great field trip to a fantastic looking maze which looked like so much fun! I have to say the homeschool group around here is nothing like most homeschool groups I have read about, they get together once in awhile at a local park, once in a rare while they plan a field trip but not many at all. I know most times I don't even have a car or money to go places but it would be nice if the options where there.
The weather has been so beautiful here!!!!!! We have been out walking a whole lot more : ) I hope it stays like this!

No comments: