Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Peek-A-Boo Opossum & Scarry Scorpions


It has just been like a animal nature study every day around here.... First the scorpions & spiders and now we have a young opossum running around our front yard last night, He is just the cutest!
Kelly put the light on and saw he moving about, he is pretty small so I think he may be just going out on his own. I was worried because he was venturing towards the horse pen and he isn't the fastest animal on the planet.... but he then moved to under the house so he is still safe. Of course no learning opportunity goes un-noticed here, hehehe I got a opossum book from the library for further research on our new guest : )
As far as the scorpion, Jennifer from Toad Haven posted: "Do you know that scorpions glow under UV light? If you have a ultraviolet light of some sort you can search for him tonight". Unfortunatly we don't have any UV lights but we did see a little bit smaller scorpion which came out of the same area as the larger one. Not sure if this was a baby or possible the male but I flipped out thinking my kitchen sink area is now a scorpion homestead. I smushed the smaller one but the large one is still on the lame : (

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

We had a momma opossum that used to live under our storage shed. She would carry around 6 babies on her back. She was very mean and would hiss at us if we got too close. My favorite was the raccoon that would come and eat the dry cat food out of our cat's bowl. No scorpions here, but I have been noticing lots of spiders. *shivers* I hope you find the one in your house. I know that I would not be able to sleep until I found it.