Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm Back..... For Now.

Good Morning All, Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!
As you can see we were able to pay part of the internet/cable/phone bill to get us back in business so now any way - I have to hope we can get enough together for the electric bill.

I have been trying to pry the computer away from Kelly long enough to be able to read all of your past posts. I know I have been on my soap box about the computer and Kelly, but I have really seen how it affects her. The first few days without the computer she was nasty, then once that passed she was helpful around the house, found things to do like puzzles & games, took care of the horses ect. once the internet was back on she is back to being snippy with everyone, trying to get the computer away from her is like pulling a tooth. It seems to me that it really is just like an addiction. For Christmas she wants a computer of her own (we were thinking of fixing our old one for her), now I am wondering if that is a good thing or not. I keep trying to tell her she needs to enjoy the computer but also needs to do other things through out the day. Her side of the story is she has no other outside contact with kids and this is her way of talking to her friends...

On another note my son bought his first car! A silver mustang, and would you belive he has only driven it three times the rest of the time it has been back to the dealership where we bought it because of problems with the car. I feel so bad for him! I think the repair guys are jerking us around now but they have us over a barrel. Once the care left the lot it is our car as is so they don't HAVE to fix it but they said they would since we bought the problem up to them the day we picked it up. The poor kid has his first car payment due on Monday and no car.....

Our neighbor is up to her old tricks again! She was tailing my son (she drives very fast), he turned one way she another they meet up right in front of our house and she stayed in the middle of the street making my son go off the road almost into the ditch. He pulled in to our driveway and went out to the road and confronted her which of course you just don't do these people are NUTS. She was swearing at HIM (I can not post the words she was calling him - they were terrible, I had opened the door by now and heard her). He came back in to our house and then my husband came home and they looked at the marks in the road and saw where my son had to go to avoid hitting her car. Well wouldn't you know it she called the POLICE! The cop came over and talked to my son and told him to stay away from HER and that road rage can get out of hand so quickly since people now a days have guns, knives ect on them and they don't have any fear of using them. He was very nice and listened to my son's story and they talked about my son going to the police academy and he told him about tazers ect. he was very informative but I was still steaming about my neighbor....

Can you tell I haven't been able to post in awhile I am talking all of your ears off!!! I'll let you go for now and post the rest later.

Have a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Freakmom said...

Would it help to remind Kelly that even if she were in public school, she'd be limited to how much interaction time she'd have with friends. They can't talk during class. Just time between classes, a short lunch, the bus ride to and from school. At home she'd probably have her phone time limited at night because of homework, etc. (Add it all up first to make sure it isn't more than she's getting on the computer now or it will backfire horribly)