Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A Four Day Vacation!!!

I was away at my son's house for four wonderful exciting days!! This is the first time in many years I got away from my house for some fun... We went to the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach for the Nationwide & Cup Nascar races. It rained on thurs. which ruined our plans to go over to the FanZone area and meet alot of the drivers but we really needed the rain here so it was hard to complain about it. It was just me & my son, My husband had worked with a guy who was able to get a free tickets to both races (we could never have gone without those : ) It was really HOT but heck I over looked that I was having fun. My son was a bit of a party pooper he doesn't really like crowds and he really can't stand when people get drunk and start acting up, tried to tell him to relax and just roll with it. All & all had a fantastic time, meet a few of the drivers, Brad Keselowski (my new fav.), Trevor Bayne (What a cutie!) and a number of others and saw some great racing who could ask for more!
We also went down to the ocean to swim and watched the fireworks on July 4th., the water was warm so I got in but lots of jellyfish. The fireworks were fantastic but the traffic getting out of there was horrible! We were in grid lock not moving at all. Kelly & I didn't get home till 11:30pm and wouldn't you belive it our nighbors called the police on us saying we were yelling... I was floored to have two officers knock on my door at 11:45pm! They were very nice and all but I was steaming here it is July 4th people were still shooting off fireworks around our area and they call on us. Some people are just so nasty in their hearts : (
Hope everyone is enjoying their summer days!!

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

I'm glad you had such a good time on your trip!