Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Remembering......

Okay, I have come to the conclusion that the computer is a wonderful tool & also a curse! I just get directed into to many directions when I start to work on something and then end up spending to much time on the computer and not accomplishing anything!
Like today I am looking into lapbooking for Kelly, I typed in "Civil War Lapbooks" and my gosh I have been sitting her for over an hour reading.....
Yesterday, I really wanted to see how much she is retaining. I read chapter two - "Japan Re-opens" in the Story of the World, she did the outlining, the map work & then I found a video on United Streaming about it. I asked her right after watching it what the man's name was that went to Japan "Mathew Perry", She couldn't remember it. Now I do have to say she remembered what the chapter/video was about, but she didn't remember any of the smaller details. I thought with her hearing me read the chapter, writting the info. down on paper & then viewing by watching the short video that she would retain it a bit more but no..... If anyone has any ideas on how to help her retain info. I would appreciate them.
Have a great day today : )

1 comment:

Mrs. Darling said...

Ive started using a lot of videos. Tink retains the info better is she sees the story along with the facts.