Monday, July 21, 2008

Cardinal Babies....



We have a cardinal nest in one of our trees in our backyard! This picture I found on yahoo looks just like the family that lives in the tree : ) I wish I could get an actual picture of them, but they are just up to high in the tree for us to get a picture of them. It is just the cutest when the mom or dad comes back to the nest and feeds the babies.... they stick their little necks out and churp - Just too cute! Kelly & I have been watching them while we swim in the pool, We stay very quiet and the mom & dad fly in and out numerous times. I told her we need to take her camera when we are out there to get some shots but she is worried we will get the camera wet. The parents seem to very attentive of the babies, My son walked over to look at the nest and the dad started churping to the mom that they might have trouble. I have to wonder if they will get aggressive with us since we go in and out the back door often with the dogs and their nest is right there.... Anyway, It sure was a great pick me upper finding this nest - Nature sure is beautiful!

2 comments:

Freakmom said...

That's so cool! We've never had a cardinal nest. They visit, but don't live in our yard.

Sherri said...

I love finding nests within reach!!!