Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Homeschool / Public School

Good Morning all!
I was reading some post in my e-mail box from our local homeschool group, I really think 95% of them starting homeschooling their children from the begining. That is why I am so glad for homeschooling blogs! I can find others who have started homeschooling after their child has been in the public school system. I think if your child was in the public school system you have a whole set of other problems to deal with then if you were the only teacher they knew. On the homeschool front we are still on SV as Kelly likes to call it but with Kris starting work Monday I am hoping to kick it back in gear very soon. I was able to find the BiblioPlan - America and the World: 1850-2000 waiting for that to get here - I am worried about how I will be able to get the library books needed for it though with gas prices & now that my son will be using the car most days. Then I really have been thinking we need to start working harder on her writting (we have been doing very little of it) & grammer. The Well Trained Mind says also to add logic which I might also add. I talked honestly with Kelly and asked her what her thoughts are about pubilc school, Did she want to go back? She said no. I told her we would need to do more work this year then last. Time will tell about that....

3 comments:

Red said...

We have to kick it up a notch this coming year, for my daughter wants to dual enroll next fall(2009). So she has to step up to the plate and do her part.

We were late homeschoolers. My son was entering high school and my daughter wa sin her ladt year of elementary.

Woo hoo to late blomers.

Dana Leeds said...

I know there must be different "problems" with kids that were in public school vs. those who were always homeschooled. We will be starting our 4th year of homeschooling and that is all my daughter has ever known. Our "problem" is, that my daughter REALLY wants to go to public school. I really think she thinks it would be so much fun to be around other kids ALL DAY LONG! (She's an only child.) So, she has none of the "bad" things to remember. **sigh**

Rhonda said...

I started homeschooling my two older girls when they were in a public elementary school. My oldest would have been attending middle school the following school year. Although she was a bit depressed when I pulled her out, I sat and talked with her about the system and how I thought that it was failing us. My girls were making honor roll in school, but the atmosphere was just getting so bad. It was time to pull them out for a lot of other reasons also. They have never asked me to go back and I hope that they never will. My oldest will be in High School this year and we are homeschooling all the way through it! My youngest has never been to public school except to go and visit her sisters when they had parties at their public school. She has never asked to go to public school and loves homeschooling. She will get up each morning and brings her little school box with her pencils and crayons to the table with a big smile on her face. I love every minute of our little homeschooling life and wouldn't change it for the world. :0)