Saturday, September 18, 2010

Horses Gone Wild....

Last night was not our usual Friday night for sure....
We are still using our airconditioner which usually blocks out most of the sounds outside but we could hear a strange noise from the street area.
Kelly & I went out to look and we could hear a horse galloping - Now most people do ride their horse here in the streets but I have never heard anyone at a gallop. We went to check and there standing at our driveway was a big beautiful paint horse with no rider. He turned and ran away but then turned around again and galloped right towards us. I love horses but they sure are a big & powerful animal and seeing one come at you at a full gallop is a bit scarry! This fellow headed down our driveway to meet our horses - I was afraid that between my horses & this guy they would take down my fencing and then I would really be up a river. The vistor just kinda put his nose to Chance and they didn't get to upetty with each other (Roper, my horse barely noticed he had a visitor). I walked to the end of my driveway to see if the owner was in the area and saw three more horses - two full size paint horses and a mini. Being a horse lover I was in heaven, If I won the lottery I would have a ton of horses. We recognized where these escapees belong and I drove over to their house and got the owner - She was so thankful. I know how it is to have loose horses, It is gut wrenching. Kelly & I walked them all home with the lady. The lady said they have been having money problems and couldn't buy hay for the horses so they were letting the horses graze on grass in a field by their house and they must of roamed away from that area. She has been trying to sell at least two of the horses but nobody is buying horses in our area right now, that she will probably have to give them away : (

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

How exciting!

I once had a big old bull with horns and all walk through my yard like he was out taking a stroll. I'm at least a mile from the nearest farm. I found out later, he was about 5 miles from home!