Saturday, November 5, 2011

Don't Forget To Set Your Clocks Back Tonight

Happy Saturday to you all!
Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!
We are having great weather here, coolish but sunny - can't ask for more!
Don't forget to turn you clocks back tonight - Gain and hour of sleep : )

If you all get a chance you have to read this post over at Homemaking on the Homestead, I think she hit the nail on the head with this post "Life isn't about what you don't have... It's about making the best of what you do have" AMEN!

On the lawyer front, this new lawyer is really grabbing the bull by the horns and getting busy with it! Just what I like : )
I really don't know what the last lawyer was up to but he was pulling alot of wool over my eyes... He told me that the two sisters estate had $80,000 dollars in it, this new lawyer tells me they have $470,000.00 dollars! I was floored and kinda a saddened that if they had that kind of money (they also had been paying roughly $2,000 a month at the assisted living place for the past 5 or 6 years they lived there) they could of just hired a live in nurse instead of going to that place, but that's all water under the bridge now.... The pervious lawyer said I was to get a fee for my survices for being a co-executor of the will that I was NOT mentioned in the will, well my husband and I are mentioned in the second paragraph of both wills - the ladies are giving us $10,000 dollars each for a total of $20,000 dollars!! Praise God!! These ladies have always been our Angels and they are STILL trying to help us even from their graves... So it turns out we will be getting the $20,000 plus 3% of the $470,000.00. The lawyer gets 4% for his payment, which I find to be really high but that is the going rate - Yikes! The three people the ladies listed in their will will be getting a really huge amount of money from this estate so I expressed my concern to the new lawyer that time is of the essence since I am sure if the ladies where 97 & 101 years old when they passed that their cousins must be in their late 70's or 80's we need to get these people their money ASAP.
I don't know when we will get this money, it would be enough to cover the property tax sale so we would not loose our house & property but if it doesn't come in time and someone else buys the note so be it, I am leaving it all in Gods hands.

Life really is something, We make decisions thru out or lives thinking was are doing whats right for our families but then find out after time we have made huge mistakes! I wish there were do-overs in life, but there aren't : (

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's great news!!! Hope it gets all sorted out soon!

Freakmom said...

That is wonderful news about the will!

Fatcat said...

I am so happy for you!!!! I was hoping there was an executor's fee that you would get.