Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Last Child in the Woods




I finally got my copy today of "Last Child in the Woods" by Richard Louv from our inter-library loan program. I can't wait to dive into it! If you might be interested in also reading this book, Nicole over at Journey to Excellence is doing an impromptu book study on it. I was able to read the introduction while at the library and it was such a eye opener & also made my heart sad. The book should be a goodie, hope you can join us in reading it : )


Until Next Time - God Bless!!

2 comments:

Fatcat said...

My boys go outside all the time, the girl not as much. We are blessed to have woods all around us. My youngest son is out there right now, running an imaginary obstacle course. I would like to read the book though. I may request our library to get it.

LJS said...

I read this book last summer. All you have to do is drive through my neighborhood and wonder where all the children are to know that they are not outside. It makes me very sad to know that they cannot get this time back and it is not being spent in a way that will benefit them on so many levels. I will pop over to the book discussion.

Thanks!
Jessica