Friday, June 15, 2012

"Wild" by Cheryl Strayed




Good Grief! I have found another great book! "Wild From Lost To Found On The Pacific Crest Trail" by Cheryl Strayed. My library from time to time gets new books in, I happened to notice this one and reserved it not knowing Oprah had also picked this book for her book club. I have just started it as I am up to my eyeballs now with books - Which I am loving by the way : ) By page 11 I am already tearing up and ready to bawl! I don't want to give too much away but the gal is with her mom in the hospital and the gal knows her mom has cancer. The gal is realizing she will have to live the rest of her life without her mom. Now having lost both my parents I can tell you it is a gut awaking when they pass on. You always feel like they are there for you, your own personal safety net when life throws you a curve ball you can either call or see your parents and they are always able to make things better. Once they are gone there is no one who loves you like the way they do and it takes a HUGE toll on you emotionally and physically. Page 11 and I am already drawn into the book, It's going to be a long book reading weekend for me for sure : ) I will up-date you as I get further into the book on if the great writting continues...

Until Next Time - God Bless

No comments: