Wednesday, August 13, 2008

A Good Book.....

I was reading one of the books Kelly has on her reading list and have found it to be very interesting: The Story of Thomas Alva Edison by Margaret Cousins. Did you know that he was homeschooled.... He attended public school only three months when he was 8 years old and then his mother took over his studies. One chapter mentions how he was going to pay his taxes and had to stand in line for a long time, by the time he got to the front desk the lady asked his name and he couldn't remember it.... And He also was not very good with math facts.... I thought to myself while reading this how I worry about Kelly's lack of remembering things & her poor math skills and here this guy had the same problems and he is a genius!

2 comments:

Freakmom said...

I love Edison! He is my favorite homeschool grad!! Have you read about his basement lab yet? That would be so cool to have!

Dana Leeds said...

Wow! How interesting. He sounds more like me than like my daughter. :-)