Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7th. "A date which will live in infamy"

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Today is Pearl Harbor Day, My father always used to tell us stories of that day - He was 16 at the time. I wish I could hear them now, I never really appreciated them then.... Don't you wish sometimes you could just ask a few more questions of the loved ones who passed - Like my grandmother, I would love to hear how she was able to feed her 8 children, her two parents who lived with them and her and my grandfather during the great depression. We used to sit around as a family and all talk stories, I never heard that women complain about anything - ever! I sure do miss them all.

We actually have had a few good days here. On Friday, we decided to go to the park and have lunch there. It has one of those obstacle courses that Kelly did as we walked around the park. Then yesterday, my husband actually joined us and we went to the nature trail we had gone on a few days ago. My son got his brakes fixed on his car so he was happy so the whole household was at peace...

We are really enjoying the Christmas book activites my library had gotten me two of the books so far and we are making snowflakes for the first book "Snowflake Bentley". Kelly really likes to be able to be doing something that ties into the books we read so this works out great! I checked our library for the rest of the books which they have 12 of the listed books but of course 10 of the books are out. I am on the waiting list for them and next in line so not sure when we will get them. It was funny the library contacted me on Friday that a book I requested three weeks before Thanksgiving by inter-library loan just had come in (It was a Thanksgiving book) so I am thinking there isn't much use in requesting the books they don't have because most likely they will come in after the holiday is over...

The Post Card collecting is going well also. It is alittle hard trying to keep track of it all but we really enjoy getting the cards in the mail. I was requesting state map cards but I think we will also go with national monuments ect. to add to her State Workbook she is making. We are still working on Florida, we have been reading a good fiction book that takes place in Florida "The Missing Gator Of Gumbo Limbo" Jean Craighead George is now one of my favorite authors - It was a really great book! We enjoyed it : )

Have A Great Sunday!

No comments: