Thursday, January 19, 2012

Great Dvd's To Watch!!

We watched a great dvd to go with our lesson 18 in "The Mystery of History" vol 1 curriculum, "Lost Treasures of the Ancient World: Ancient China" We found it to be a very interesting and informative dvd which backed up what was mentioned in the lesson. I really like when I can find a dvd to go with the lesson it really helps Kelly remember what is being taught.
I also watched the "Forks over Knives" dvd, I enjoyed the book alot better and thought it went into much more detail, but the dvd is also so thought provoking! You honestly can not watch it without wanting to take action right away!! Kelly who was sitting away from the tv while I was watching kept commenting on it so I know it has also caught her interest. Honestly you can't hear this info and not want to do something.... It just makes so much sense to make a few diet changes to live a more healthy pain free life. We have already cut out the meat, and we have never been much for dairy so that will not be a problem for us to get rid of - Our sticking point will be sugar, We LOVE our sweets. I need to find a very basic plant based cookbook to get going on this. I have gotten a few from our library but they all have crazy ingredients that I could not afford to buy them so I really need to get a back to basic type cookbook. I'm still trying to save for "Eat Vegan on $4.00 a Day", this seems to be my type of book : 0 ) I know I sound like a broken record but please when you get a free minute read the book or watch the dvd I think you will find it fascinating!!
Until Next Time - God Blss!!

No comments: