Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tues. on the Homefront

Hope everyone is enjoying this second day of this wonderful new week!
We are still stuggling to get well here, this cold/cough thing is still going and going... Now you know I have to be better to leave on Wed. to go over to watch the Nascar testing at the speedway on Thurs.! At this point I am not sure if I will be going or not, Kelly is still pretty sick so I would hate to leave her, time will tell.
I had hopes that we would at least watch some of the dvd's I have to get some school work rolling but that didn't happen. We went out for a horseback ride and to get some air, when we got back and Kelly tried to eat some lunch she coughed so much it came back up so needless to say she was in no mood to do school work. Thank you for all the posts about what to use to stop a cough (It's a shame I don't have any honey). I told my husband today that he must buy Kelly something to help stop her coughing & some orange juice, I have to get this kid better!
I have been reading a ton of books at once... I jump around from one to another depending on what mood I'm in. Still enjoying the Tebow book, there is a waiting list for it so I NEED to get it finished. I'm half way with"Money Secrets of the Amish" and still pretty disappointed with it. I have also started a few gardening books, I am determined to get some veg. planted this year.
I have the dvd of "Forks over Knives" waiting to be picked up at the library, I read the book but thought I would take a peek at the dvd also it was THAT GOOD! I wish I could get my husband to watch it so he would do away with meat also, I think if he could just see how they treat the cows & chickens before they are to be killed he would never want to eat another piece of meat again.... just thinking of how they tazor zap the cows sometimes in the personals to get them to move along in the line to go to their deaths, they must experience such fear & pain before dying it is soooo cruel! They even mention how the chickens sometimes aren't even killed before being put into the scoulding hot water! I can tell you from owning chickens they are NOT dumb animals, they know things like when a hawk flies over they make a noise to alarm each other and they look for a place to hide (does that sound like a animal who doesn't understand things...?). I really hope you all get a chance to read the book or watch "Forks over Knives" dvd it will change your way of thinking.
Until Next Time - God Bless!!

No comments: