Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Feeling Down In The Dumps Today

I sure am feeling like a sad sack today..... My husband finally found a job, he has been there for two weeks now, His pay is almost half of what he is used to making and only works 5 days (He used to always work Sat. too). But the way the job market is around here I keep reminding him we are blessed he found this job. Yesterday the fellow mentioned to him that they usually shut down the job for TWO WEEKS around the Christmas holiday time.... When you are living week to week this is really bad news - Especially around Christmas! I asked the gal up at Walmart if they are hiring and she said they are always hiring, I was thinking of some how getting a job. I really feel like a wet rag now with taking care of my dog business, all the dogs, homeschooling Kelly, the housework & making dinners but I can't imagine what type of Christmas it will be like here the way we are going. I have tossed it back and forth with myself thinking maybe I could work the evening hours say 4pm to 11pm. but with gas skyrocking here (the last I looked I think it was $3.19 a gallon) and our Walmart is pretty far away from us I would be using at least $10.00 an evening in gas just to get there and back if not more and with making only minimum wage of say $6.50 that is almost two hours a night just to pay for the gas - Yikes! I always tell the kids when the going get's tough the tough get going or when you are delt lemons you make lemonaid but really right now I feel so down and out.... I just can't see how we are going to dig ourselves out of this - the amount my husband makes is just basically food & gas money for the week, we are chipping away at the bills but we are getting behind where they are doubling. Oh well I guess I have to stop whinning and get a better attitude about all of this. If you don't mind could you include us in your prayers I would be very greatful : )

1 comment:

Sherri said...

I'm so sorry. I really hope that you find a solution that you have peace about. Christmas is such a hard time when you are struggling just to meet the bills.
"hugs"