Tuesday, November 20, 2007

What a difference a day makes.....

Gosh I was so optomistic after yesterday's lessons.
Today sure was a different story! She was oh so cranky.... I stayed calm and moved along with the lessons, I think too often I fold up the day when she is like this - not today. I see two sides to this is she really learning when she is in this mood, probably not but she has to learn that she has to truge through stuff even when she is not in the mood for it. The day peaked at math - She really has such a tough time with it. I think I need to move it to the morning learning time instead of after lunch. I am amazed at how if she doesn't use it (multiplication & division), she totally forgets how to work out the problems.
Oh well tomorrow is another day - My son is off from public school Wed., Thurs. & Friday too, so I am not sure how much school work we will get done Wed. & Friday but we will see.
My son has finally decided on a career path for when he graduates high school this spring - He wants to become a "Police Officer". I am bit worried for his safety going into that line of work but if it is something he wants to do I am behind him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
You MUST read Dr. Mel Levine's books on learning. It has helped me so much with Dylan.
I will try to email you later what I have learned from him. Dylan is now getting 100's in spelling tests and is doing better at Math. I loved reading his books, though I did skip over the technical stuff of the brain and how it works. (Does that make me BAD???)
I sent that other stuff out to you yesterday!!
Glad your days are running a bit smoother.
I still find it hard with two different age levels and learning styles!!
Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Bunny