Sunday, November 25, 2007

Me just being a sad sack again.....

Kelly & I have really been doing a whole lot of nothing here!
My husband has been home these past four days, plus my son's girlfriend went away for the hoidays so he has been home 24/7 too.
I have been finding this weekend just so depressing.... Our cat Mickey is failing fast, she is old for a cat almost as old as my son who is 18 - I keep hoping for a turn around.
Then all these commercials on tv and in the newspapers about buying presents for the holiday, "Your daughter deserves the best", "Your family will be happy for the holidays" ect. has really gotten me down. As I have said we are struggling week to week just to pay a bill and have enough to eat during the week. there just isn't any money to buy presents this year.... Epecially if the comapny my husband is working for shuts down for two weeks for the holidays. My kids are all excited about getting the tree up and decorating the house, my son even decorated Chance's pen with lights. I am trying not to be a sad sack and just enjoy the time but it is so hard when you know that they are going to be sooo disappointed this year. I even signed Kelly up for the Toy's for Tot's program just in hopes she get's a present or two. Hopefully a miracle comes through and things turn around I sure hope so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Donna,
I so understand what you are going through and will pray for you.
Can you email me your family's xmas list? Not sure what I can do, but you never know.
What clothing size does your daughter wear??
Remember the Lord will provide, just ask!!
Keep your chin up!!!
Love ya
Bunny

Fatcat said...

Me too! My email is fatcatpaulanne@bellsouth.net.

Anonymous said...

I believe in miracles!

Praying you receive one. :o)

(Found my way over from Simply April. I'm a homeschool mom too! My daughter is 11 and in the 5th grade.)