Monday, November 19, 2007

Good Day Today!!!!! : )

Finally a productive day!
It has been weeks of mish-mosh here going from one thing to another.
Well today was a different story, I worked on a schedule last night and woke Kelly up early (That child will sleep till after 11:00am if I let her). We started at 10:00am and kept pretty much to my schedule here or there changing things around as needed. I went back to a workbook style of learning for her spelling words (That is a really tough area for her), she seemed to do so much better with the words. I even made up a word search out of this weeks words which she will tackle on Thurs. - We will see on Friday when she takes the test if this is better then the Power Spelling which we were using. I read a few books on the presidents (We are working on one president a week), I tossed aside the books she seemed to be not able to follow and I think we found one we can work with. Math is still a sticking point - I found a book "All the Math You'll Ever Need" by Steve Slavin it is very basic but covers everything you could ever think of even personal finances & business math ect. we are giving this book a try. We did these subjects and a few more and she even read by herself.... there again I was fighting with her to read books she didn't like or were to hard for her, Now we are using the Magic Tree House books.
I wanted to mention that a fellow homeschool blogger (Bunny over at - Homeschooling in Florida )brought to mey attention about using Florida Vurtual School I told kelly about it and she really doesn't want to try that option yet, but I signed her up and I am reviewing the courses I think we might just try one to see how we like it .....
Today was a good day : ) I am actually looking forward to tomorrow....

1 comment:

Sherri said...

That's so great! Nothing makes me feel like a successful, fun day of schooling!
I have found that when I am disciplined, sticking to a good time schedule, that the kids respond so much better. They love a successful day as much as I do...well, almost as much!