Saturday, November 17, 2007

Walmart's can be dangerous to your health!

I have to pass on to you all something that happened to me today.
Being that it is Sat., the shelves in the store were already on the empty side, there were only a few of the paper plates that I buy and they were located all the way on the bottom shelf in the back. I knelt down and was grabbing for the plates when a shopping cart came barreling into my head! I was stunned, I stood up and really wanted to cry but controlled myself. The lady who hit me had a pointsetta plant in the baby seat of the shopping cart which must have blocked her view. The lady kept saying I didn't see you I am so sorry.... I was like you almost knocked me out. Being the eightball that I am I threw the paper plates into my cart and went to find my husband. My husband was over by the dog food, I told him the story. By now my head is splitting, she hit me right at the top of the head above my right eye area. I cashed out and left the store - thank goodness I bought Advil because I need it! I have a major headache and feel shaky. I tell you all this so that the next time you are shopping and need to get something from the bottom shelf please have a look out for you to ward off any shoppers who may have large items in their carts and not be able to see you!!!!!

3 comments:

Freakmom said...

Ack! I'm so sorry that you got hurt. (If you still are in pain today you should think about going in to see if you have a concussion.)

I think people are becoming self-centered morons (not that I'm bitter or anything LOL). Recently in the crowds of Disney World I was continually crashed into by people, scooters, strollers and children. I took to shouting "ouch" really loud whether it hurt or not to make my point. People need to watch where they are going!

We are all worthy of being given at least as much space as volume we take up.

Donna said...

Thank you for the concern freakmom. I was a little worried too - I had such a headache. It took a number of advil to clear it up. I bounced back though and am feeling fine now.
hanks for posting : )
Donna

Freakmom said...

Glad you have mended!!