Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Martin Luther King Day!

Happy Martin Luther King Day!
We are having school today even though our public school has off today and tomorrow - We need to make up a few days....
I have been really thinking about what works for Kelly and what doesn't school wize. I have been watching her and seeing what she remembers and what we were using each time and I have come to the conclusion that she really remembers things when she sees them in video.
It's funny we watched a video about Mozart and I asked her what she thought, Instead of saying brilliant composer ect. she said he was a dog. I asked why, because in the video it mentioned that he had cheated on his wife.... That's my girl, Kelly is so, I can't think of the right word for it but she sees things so clearly on human issues. My almost 15 year old daughter (b. 2/19) is telling my 20 year old that his girlfriend is just using him to move out with someone, that he can't afford the apartment, that he should wait and see if his jobs are going to keep him (his second job he was hired only as seasonal), Now isn't that something! My husband and I area always asking her opinion on things because she just seems to know the right thing to do - Does that make sense? I think she is just an old soul living in a teenager body : ) And to think this child thinks of herself as dumb.....

No comments: