Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's day - Just Another Day : (

Hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!
My day was no different from any other : ( I still had to cook, do laundry, feed and take care of all the animals, fix the goat fence, do a pile of dishes ect.... No presents, no extra sleep, no special meal - Just another day (I tell you it really made me feel un-appreciated).
My husband went to a painiting job Friday - We were all excited but that only lasted till about 2ish, the guy said it just wasn't working out.... so still no job! I did find out his plan though on why he hasn't been like a wild man looking for a job, He plans on using the tax insentive money to live on. We were going to use that money to pay our past due property taxes ($900.00) but that's out the window. I am just going with the flow....
Our books are selling very well on ebay, but if you figure out all the charges ebay & pay pal charge you to list and accept payments it isn't that great. I am running out of good books to sell now which is also a problem but at least I was able to buy some good books to get us going again & some experiment things to make the learning day a bit more fun.
Kelly & I hope to take the horses out this morning for a nice ride, It has been so hot and humid here riding time has been very limited. Then I hope to do some school work but with my husband home it is like pulling teeth to get the house quiet and down to business.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

So sorry about your mothers day! I do hope your finances start looking up soon. My heart goes out to you. Glad the Ebay books have done well!

Red said...

Well, I got up early, (as always) but waited to see if hubby would get up and make breakfast, but alas, I finally got up and made my own pancakes, and no one elses. then he wants to know why I did not sit with them and have a cozy breakfast. Pfffft!

When just the night before I had slaved over a from scratch southern meal. Fried Chicken all the way to homemade cornbread. Another pfffft!

There's always next year.

Anonymous said...

I remember the years of sad Mother's Day. Finally, I just quit anticipating anything and gave up martyrdom.

Now, my Mother's Day is great. I will serve those I love if they forget me. Isn't that what Christ does.