Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tax Incentive Check

I was floored today when I got the notice we were only getting $900 dollars instead of the $1,500 we had anticipated back from the tax incentive check! It was like someone punched me in the stomach. I had such plans for that money, We were going to get all our bills caught up and possibly buy a swimming pool. We so need one here during the hurricane season, when the electric goes out we have no pump so no water. A few years ago when we were out of electricity for 5 days we used our old pool constantly not only to swim in to cool off (Can you imagine no air conditioner for 5 days) but to flush our toilets - Now we have two horses to think about who will also need water.... Anyway, I guess I should look at it as it will help get us caught up with some of the bills which is a good thing.

2 comments:

Mrs. Darling said...

I dont get it. Why wont you get the entire amount? Thats terrible.

Red said...

Don't even get me started. My son is not getting his incentive check because we claimed him. Go figure.

We were going to give my in-laws my sosn check, due to the fact that my in-laws helped us with half of our mortgage last month. We can't kepe having them help us out, but if not we definitely would have been out on our backsides by now.

I have looked for part time work, but the classifieds are nearly empty,(Plus I have a disablility to work around) and I am hearing stories all over the place of people losing their jobs.

Got to love the American way.