Friday, May 9, 2008

Went To The Beach.....









We decided to take a break from the stress and go down to the beach, We only live about 25 minutes away from it. It was great to get away for awhile from our problems : ) It is amazing how staring at the ocean pounding the surf just seems to relax you and washes away the problems (at least for a little while anyway). We took my daughter's dog with us "Reba" (of course she is a Schnoodle - part schnauzer/part poodle), they allow dogs on a special part of the beach which we enjoy. The water was still too cold for me to go in but I put my feet in : ) As you can see the beach was packed - NOT! I enjoy going to the beach seeing the wild flowers and cactus that grow along the road side next to the beach, I really don't know why we don't get there more.

2 comments:

Red said...

What lovely pictures. I love the beach, but my children are not as enthusiatic(sp?). So I go rarely. Plus I am super light skinned. So it's early or late for me. Mid day just does me in.

My most favorite relaxing/meditative music is either beach/waves/seagulls, or rain/thunderstorms. But living in Florida we can get some pretty good storm sounds all on our own.

And speaking of beaches, I do hope to see the turtle run this year. My girlfriend has seen it before and wants to see it again. I look forward to the expierence.

Fatcat said...

I want to go to a beach so badly. I've only been twice in my whole life and the kids have never seen the ocean. For us, it's about a 10 hour drive though. You're very lucky to have such beauty so close to where you live.