Sunday, February 22, 2009

Down & Out in Sunny Florida : (

Here we are at Sunday already!
The weekend is crusing by so quickly...

Things are getting a bit crazy here, We still have not gotten my husband's first unemplyoment check! He got laid off from work on Feb. 2nd. and filled on the 4th., We have not heard from food stamps either. I can not tell you how stressful going 22 days with out getting any kind of money coming in is. I pray that his check is in Monday's mail but the real kicker is I was planning on using that check to pay the electric bill (We are supposta be getting $203.00 a week from unemployment and the electric bill is $236.67), but since we haven't gotten any food stamps I may need to use the money for food and pray something comes through before they shut the electric off (It was due on the 16th so we haven't gotten the shut off notice yet). We did get the shut off notice for the cable/internet/phone - 3 to 5 days from now they will turn off the use of them, by March 2nd. if we can't pay by then they are shutting us off by the pole which I am guessing they will charge us a fee to have them come out to turn it back on when every we can do that). So as you can see things are pretty bleak here.... and to top it off my husband is not feeling well. He is having trouble swallowing, he says it feels like a lump in his throat. He hasn't been eating much and has no energy at all. We don't have a dime available for him to go to the doctors so I sure hope this passes....

We have taken the past few days off from schooling around Kelly's birthday. It sure was nice just being mom & daughter and not teacher/student. I have to work on getting things together for the up coming week now that we won't be having the computer. For Zoology we were filling out a worksheet for each animal we studied which was fun. I guess she will have to draw a picture of the animal instead of printing one out now. It is amazing though on how much of my homeschooling I rely on the computer.... epecially since I have been leaning towards more unit studies like Cindy's and her How do I teach blog. Who knows maybe without the computer & tv Kelly may settle right into school work and enjoy it - NOT!

I'll post as often as I can, not sure once they shut it off how often we will be able to go down town to the library to check my mail and read your blogging posts since money is so tight now....

If you could send some prayers our way I would really appreciate it!

God Bless You All And Have A Wonderful Week!

2 comments:

Cindy Downes said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your unemployment situation.

Haley said...

If you call the electric co. and tell them that you need an extension on your bill and can you make a payment plan with them they will usually be happy to do so. Also, if you call the food stamp office and tell them that you have children and that you have had no income for 22 days sometimes you can get emergency food stamps that can be given to you that very same day. Please call your local food bank and see if you can utilize them. If you would feel better ask if you can work for them in exchange for the food. I wish you all the best. I am sure that things will get better. We don't have TV and we don't miss it. We do have internet. Most times just calling the companies and asking for an extension really does work. Call your unemployment case worker too, make them aware of what is going on. Maybe they did something wrong in your paperwork. Congrats on your daughters birthday. Look forward to reading more blog entries from you. You can check out my homeschooling/crazylife blog if you wish. www.mymommykissestheprincipal.blogspot.com