Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day

My dad's birthday was today, He would have been 85 today... He always joked about how much ribbing he used to get because he was born on April Fool's Day.
Sure do miss that guy, He has been gone now 7 years but I think of him often. Okay let me get off that I'm starting to tear up.....

We have been on a semi spring break here, I had hoped to keep doing school work this week but we have just gotten in a couple of dvds. We watched one called "Globe Trekker: Amsterdam", OH MY GOSH! I thought it would give us a nice peek into what the county looked like ect. since we are working on Holland this past week. WELL, It had naked people, same sex kissing, tons of drug use, the list goes on and on. This dvd is NOT for children's viewing!

Then we watched a biography on "Amelia Earhart", it was great. I find her to be so interesting how she bucked the "norm" for that time and did what she wanted. I really want to get our timeline back up and running because I think seeing when people like Amelia lived not that long ago and the issues she had to deal with would be so helpful...

We watched a few others but I kind of forget now their titles, I am finding that I have been VERY lax with writting down what we watch and what we have been reading. The watching part is no problem because Netflix keep track for you but the reading part is a shame because I have to fill that info. in for our end of year transcript.
Since we had gone out a few days in a row and did some fun things, It sure is hard to want to go back to just the same old schedule again!

It was sad yesterday, Every year my kids colored eggs - two dozen, one for each kid. They would have me judge on who did the coolest looking eggs... Well this year my son doesn't live here anymore so it just left Kelly. She started the eggs (while she was texting at the same time), she left the eggs in the dye and went into her room and was on the computer. From time to time she would come out and check the eggs but no interest at all in it. I was going to take a picture of the poor eggs just sitting there to represent this years mood but I didn't. By late evening she finally came out and took the eggs out and cleaned up. I found the whole thing so sad - My babies are all grown up and these days of silly fun traditions are over : (...

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Awww I am so sorry that they egg coloring day did not go well. We still color eggs as a family. I know that one day my girls will be grown and out of the house, but I am hoping that when they have children of their own that we can continue this tradition. My heart breaks for you.

Phyllis said...

It must be so hard when they are all grown up! I am glad that I have some time to go...and then, maybe I will have grand children?
My thoughts and prayers are with you,
Phyllis