Friday, April 30, 2010

I Don't Know What I Was Thinking!

Sometimes I really have to step back and think before I jump head long into something.....
I read about A Beka books and it interested me, I went on ebay and bought a copy of the 9th grade science - I loved it. I got so excited about it and how we were going to have a great year using it. I got crazy, I shopped around for the teachers guide & the lab book that goes with it. I was all set for Kelly's 9th grade science, I felt so relived and happy! At night I would look over the books and read and get more excited. I even went nuts and bought the 8th grade science book to use the last few weeks of this year to get her rolling on the use of the A Beka books. That is when it all hit the fan!! These types of books don't work for Kelly's style of learning. These types of books are MY way of learning.... I love reading over a topic and absorbing it. That doesn't work for Kelly and I KNOW that, that is what makes me so mad at myself. Phyllis over at "All Things Beautiful" even advised me against using them but I still jumped head long into it : (
So now I have A Beka 9th grade student book, teachers book & Lab guide for sale...

1 comment:

Fatcat said...

Well, you live, you learn. We've all done things like that! That's why I like the big book sale our homeschool group has, because you can look inside the books. It's hard to buy books online.