Saturday, October 4, 2008

Happy Saturday Morning

My husband, son, his girlfriend & the puppies are all off on the trip up north. They left about 7pm. last night, they plan on driving straight through to PA. only taking short naps at rest areas and of course getting gas in the van. I worry until I hear they have gotten there safe. Today Kelly and I are going out! As I mentioned in a previous post we are going to buy the material to make her a blanket (most likely at WalMart), going out to lunch (maybe Steak n' Shake), buy some snacks and rent a movie for tonight. We almost thought our plans were going down the tube.... My husband had called up from work thurs. and asked me if I could baby sit a dog for a co-worker of his for this weekend. I was a little reluctant since just getting rid of the puppies I wanted some fun time but I said yes anyway. Well he brought "Honey" home just before they left for the trip last night and she is a sweety : ) But my dogs bark ever time she makes a noise so it is going to be a long weekend..... I told Kelly we are going out anyway for at least a few hours so we can enjoy our fun day.
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

P.S. - I did buy that e-book Dining On A Dime cookbook, It is something like 480 pages (yikes). I will let you know what we think of it in a future post. I would still like to hear from anyone who has already gotten this book to hear what your thoughts are about it.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so hoping that you are having a wonderful girl time!! You so deserve it. What movie did you watch? Did you find some nice material?? Go after Christmas, we found Thomas Kincade blankets for $2. Though I have yet to sew them!!
Thanks Donna for the wonderful email you sent me. I will sit and email you back soon. Been so darn busy!!
Let me know how your girls weekend went!!
bunny