Friday, October 10, 2008

Just Weathering The Storms.....

Gosh just when I thought things were settling down at my house it all starts back up again!

Kelly & I did do some schooling yesterday - Yea! It went well, I just love Apologia Zoology 3 book. In one part it asks a question and if you get it right it says "You have a great memory". Kelly soooo needs this kind of re-enforcement because she always feels like she can't remember a thing..... We also did some spelling and reading.

Then we had a terrible storm come over our area. Heavy rain and nasty thunder & lightning. After it kept getting worse I turned on the tv and it said we had a tornado warning. My son's girlfriend was driving home during this and saw one come down from the sky and touch down in a field. It tore apart the farmers shed where they process potatoes, ripped the roof right off... Not much other damage was done to the area thank goodness!

Then we had a storm of another kind..... My husband. He came home in a very foul mood. He took Kelly & I to pick up the hay for the horses and to see the damage at the farm field. Well even though I called the feed store twice, paid for the hay with my credit card and told her to leave it ourside of the fence so we could pick it up after hours it wasn't there. He just exploded! He must have been drinking before he came home because he doesn't usually scream like that. He went off on everything from the feed store, to his job, to the fellow who called about having him paint his whole entire inside of his house to my son and the extra van rental money.... I mean he was screaming at the top of his lungs. I tried to explain to him that he was screaming at the wrong people but he still kept going. Poor Kelly, Here she just wanted to get pictures of the farmer's shed and she had to put up with all the yelling! We finally got home and would you belive my husband started yelling at my son for round two.... So that made for a very long night. Which brings me to a bight spot though - I went to bed and I prayed to God asking him to help me make Kelly's life better, she doesn't deserve all this crap that she has to deal with. Do you know what happened next (I swear and cross my heart), I heard a voice in my right ear and it said "I heard you"...... That's all I needed to hear : )

THEN... In my email box this morning was this post from Joel Osteen:

The God of Comfort
Today's Scripture

“As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you…” (Isaiah 66:13 NIV).

Today's Word from Joel and Victoria

Oftentimes, when people face challenges, they seek comfort in things that are familiar. It may be work, or an activity, or relationships; and of course, we all know about “comfort food.” But those things only bring temporary comfort. True comfort is found in a personal relationship with God in heaven through His Son, Jesus.


According to Webster’s dictionary, comfort means: to give strength and hope; to ease grief or trouble. No matter what difficulty you may be facing today, God wants to bring you comfort. Like a mother cares for her child, He longs to give you strength, hope, and confidence. Make the decision to put Him first in every area of your life.

Let go of those things you know are holding you back. Let Him be Lord over all! As you surrender to His grace, you will be filled with His peace and joy. You’ll be empowered to overcome every obstacle, and you will live in victory all the days of your life.
A Prayer for Today

Father in heaven, I come to You today and invite You to fill my whole being. Give me Your comfort and strength and empower me by Your Holy Spirit to live in the victory You have planned for me. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.


Have a Blessed Day!!!!!

1 comment:

Red said...

Even thought I am not a person of faith, I love listening to Joel, he is so calming.

On to hubby. to date, my husband has never flown off the handle like that, but on the rare occasion he gets a wild hair up his backside...I shut down. I don't talk, I don't argue, I do nothing, and that may get them more mad at first and they may even question why you are silent. then you quietly explain why and let-it-go.

You have put the ball in their court and if they want to act like a 3 year old throwing a tantrum in the candy aisle...then by all means do so, but I, as a mature adult, will not feed into your 'adult' tantrum. See if that works next time!